Thursday, June 30, 2016

Two years.

Two years ago we sent the initial application to our adoption agency. Some days, it seems as if that was forever ago yet, other days I wonder where the last two years went.

Part of me expected the process to take this long. Part of me was hopeful that's we'd already be a family of five by now...

Regardless, I'm thankful for this journey so far. Literal blood, sweat, and tears (LOTS of tears) have been poured into this fight for our precious daughter. I can't fully express how thankful I am to have connected with SO many amazing people who have adopted/or are in the process of adopting from Ind!a. This journey has taught me more about faith, trust, patience, obedience, and the gospel than any other experience I've gone through in my life. And for that, I'm extremely thankful.

I thought June would come with a court date, or at least notice of a court date. Instead, June threw us for a loop. We found out we don't have to travel for court, needed to send a new power of attorney, and send new passport sized photos. Just when we thought all the paper work was done.

So now we hope and pray that July is the month we will have our first (and hopefully only) court date. We're praying like crazy to have our sweet girl home for her 4th birthday. Each day that passes this seems more and more impossible, but I know God is working together all things for good (even if it's not the "good" that I'm envisioning).


No comments:

Post a Comment