Thursday, January 22, 2015

Moving forward with patience

Last week we experienced some answered prayers! In my last post I was feeling down about the lack of progress we have made thus far in our adoption. I can't tell you how many times people have asked me, "So, how's the adoption going? What part of the process are you in now? My answer for months has been, "Well, it's going....slowly...we're still working on completing our home study."

I'm pleased to say that we are almost completely finished with our home study! We were able to review the draft last Thursday night and it was perfect! Our social worker was able to submit it to court on Tuesday morning (since Monday was a holiday)! Now we wait for the final approval!

It's amazing what a small step forward in the process can do for your soul. I know that we still have a LONG road ahead, but I am doing my best to rest in God's provision thus far. In this season of my life God is teaching me patience. I'm extremely patient when it comes to my children, but my patience is terrible when it comes to waiting for events (like, for example I'm already getting antsy about getting home study approval!) I'm guessing that through this adoption process my patience will be tested and stretched in ways that I never thought possible.

If I needed any confirmation of the fact that the Lord was trying to teach me patience, today's devotional was just that.

Ephesians 4:1-2 "I therefore a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace."

Jesus was the perfect model of patience. He endured negative circumstances, coped with difficult people (and prayed for them), he showed willingness to accept his Father's plan, and suffered on the cross because he knew it was God's will.

My prayer is that I could follow Christ's perfect example and work towards patience in ALL circumstances.

Here's to practicing patience and a cheerful attitude while I wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment