Thursday, December 3, 2015

Hope.

The past couple of weeks have been wonderful. Maybe I was distracted with putting together our homeschool group Thanksgiving party, cleaning my house for Thanksgiving brunch with family, or decorating for Christmas. Either way, I've just felt a huge peace about the adoption. I am confident that this peace comes from the Lord, so those of you who are praying for me and my sanity, I can't begin to thank you enough. 

As we were decorating our Christmas tree, I pulled out an ornament that we bought last year from another Ind*a mama. 




It brought back so many memories. This time last year, we were still trying to finish our home study. I was completely frustrated because things were NOT going according to my timeline. Time. Was. Dragging. So. Slowly. BUT, we had hope. Hope in Jesus that all the delays we were experiencing were for a purpose. Hope for the future, knowing that soon we would see the face of our daughter.

This year, I can look back and rejoice. Ummm, where did last year go?!?! Those delays WERE for a purpose. We were approved and matched in His timing. Not a moment too late, or too soon. This year, we have hope that Sweet P will get to hang this ornament on our tree next year. But for now, her big brothers will hang it for her. 


This Christmas season, I feel a little torn..part of my heart is in Ind*a. I think about and pray for our girl so many times throughout the day. I wish she could be here with us. But, I am also reminded that I have two little boys and a husband right here in my home who need me.  We are doing our best to make memories as a family of four while we are patiently waiting for our beautiful girl to come home. 

We can't wait to see what December has in store for us! Keep praying for our I-800 and Article 5 approval. They would make excellent Christmas presents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment