Monday, December 14, 2015

I-800!

Well, there was a reason for all the peace I was feeling! If you can remember, we've been a little nervous about getting a RFE (request for evidence) before getting our next approval for multiple reasons. First of all, we were told by our agency that it was likely due to the current trends they were seeing with other cases. Second, part of me thought it would be silly to believe that this one part of the process would go smoothly when we've had a little hiccup in literally every step of the process thus far.

However, when I mailed that piece of paper into USCIS, I had a crazy amount of peace but I still struggled daily between feeling like, "Nothing is impossible with God! I am believing we won't get a RFE and we'll be approved quickly." to "God, please help me to get through this next setback, because it would be silly for me to think we wouldn't have one."

Welcome to the crazy thought process of an adoptive mama!

Well, on Tuesday, December 8th as I was walking to the mailbox I had a feeling there would be something from USCIS in there and sure enough, there it was. Except I didn't know what was inside. RFE or good news of our approval. I tore into it right at the mailbox and realized it was good news!!

We were I-800 approved!! 

I quickly got home and emailed our family coordinator to get the information to complete the next step of the process which is filling out the DS-260 form. The next morning, I woke up early to call USCIS and get the information I needed to complete the form and had everything done before 8am! 

Now we are waiting for Article 5 approval. We should have this very soon!

So, I know many of you are wondering what's next?!

The exciting thing is once we get article 5, we're completely done with all of the US approvals! Now we move on to waiting on Ind*a. 

We still need:
NOC (No Objection Certificate)
Court affidavit (this is a specific document required for the region SweetP is in)
Travel for court
Return home and wait for written orders
Travel for pick up!!

Although this sounds like we will be traveling soon, each of these steps has the potential of taking a few months. With that being said, we have some specific prayer requests:

1. Please be praying that her file would be sent from the region she is in, to C*RA IMMEDIATELY so they can begin to process NOC. There have been issues with files actually being sent which obviously causes a huge delay. 

2. Pray that NOC would be issued quickly and we would receive our court affidavit in a timely manner so we can finally have a date to meet our girl and take her to court!

3. Please be praying for our family and for Maya as we begin to get closer to actually bringing her home. That God would be preparing her heart to be a part of our family .


God is so good. He has continued to move mountains for us and we have faith that He will bring our girl home to us soon! We can't wait to love on you SweetP!  


No comments:

Post a Comment