Wednesday, August 17, 2016

She turns 4 in a month.

Last year when we celebrated with Indian food, cake, and family, I thought that 2016's celebration would include a precious little girl.

With our August 31st court date, having her home for her birthday is pretty much impossible. I say pretty much, because I know God is powerful, and if it's His will, we will be celebrating with her. But, realistically and practically, I'm preparing myself to celebrate another birthday spent apart. 

However, I have to remind myself that one month from now, we'll be much closer to getting on a plane! Closer to embracing our sweet girl and never letting go. Closer to hearing her voice for the first time. Closer to telling her how much we love her. Closer to thanking her caregivers for loving on our girl while we couldn't. Closer to starting our forever with her.

I pray that this month leading up to her birthday, that she truly feels the love of Christ deep down in her little soul. That she has a joy, peace, and excitement about her new family. 

We're coming Sweet P, we really are. 

Happy almost birthday, my baby girl!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment